Where to go, to Oxford or to Cambridge? For a person, think about applying to University in the UK, but not deep into the topic, the question is this way. In fact, a little more than 200 students from Russia and Kazakhstan studying at Oxbridge in 2017, and most of our countrymen go to other British universities.
Consistently use the criteria below to determine the British institution that is best suited for you.
There are questions - please ask representatives of the universities whose job it is to answer the questions of Russian-speaking students. Ask a question to the University on the pages of the English universities.
Or let us work at finding great British institution and program for you to order a customized selection of University and program.
Criteria for the choice of University in the UK
CRITERION 1: the Ranking of the British universities
The ranking of English universities is a good starting point in determining your University.
Pay attention to national rankings of universities UK, which represents the only universities in the country (for example, The Compelte University Guide) and on the position of British universities in international rankings of universities, which represented all the best universities of the world.
Choosing a College based on its ranking, consider the following:
1. The higher ranking position of the University, the higher the cost of studying in it.
2. The University, located at the highest position in the overall ranking, it may take the highest line in the required subject area. For example, the University of Cardiff is located on the 37th position in the overall ranking of UK universities 2017-2018, and its faculty of architecture at the 10th position in the ranking of British universities for architecture.
3. Not all British universities participate in the rankings. So, Regents University does not conduct research, and College Birkbeck University of London, offers undergraduate degree program that does not allow these schools to participate in the ratings.
There are questions at the University? Specify everything that is important to you the representatives you are interested in British universities. They will be happy to help!
CRITERION 2: Location and type of organization University
Arguing about which University you want to study, you will need to decide for yourself whether you want studying in London or not and also what type of the organization University closer to you.
London vs.not London
London - capital of the world, the center of business, culture and arts, the beautiful city of our planet, etc. At the same time, since many students want to study in London:
- Competition in the London universities are generally higher than in other universities of the country;
- The cost of studying and living in London is higher than outside the capital;
- Often the universities of London will not be able to offer residence accommodation to graduate students.
Study at the universities located close to London (such a small in Britain, more than 30) may be a good alternative to studying in the London University, to combine life on campus, with proximity to the global metropolis.
Types of British universities
- Campussy University: the territory of the University campus, in the territory of which they live, study and work, students, teachers and other employees of the University.
- City University: the University grounds and buildings which entered in the city environment. All the universities of London, with the exception of one (Roehampton University, which has campus) - city universities.
- Collegiate University: College, life and work which are organized by colleges, forming part of this University. The traditional system of organization of the University, presented at the universities of Oxford, Cambridge and York.
CRITERION 3: Value study
The cost of studying at a British University among other factors depends on the chosen profession and the ranking of the University. An example of the cost of study in UK universities.
Not found the cost of programs that interest you?
Specify the details of the representatives you are interested in British universities on the pages of these universities. They will be happy to help you!
CRITERION 4: Scholarships
Many UK universities offer scholarships for Russian students. Don't count on a full scholarship, but a discount of from 10 to 40% on the first and sometimes the second year of study may be granted to worthy Russian-speaking entrants.
If you are applying for a scholarship, your application for admission needs to be very well done, even if you enter University with little competition for the place.
Need help in compiling the most compelling application for admission and scholarship, you can order our services for admission to a foreign University.
CRITERION 5: the Level of entrance requirements
The higher entrance requirements for British universities, but only harder to do, but:
- harder to learn,
- above the level of ambition and the progress of students (most often),
- higher salaries of graduates (most often).
Often the Russian-speaking students complexity is the requirement for IELTS.
It is useful to know that to apply to an English University, not having the desired IELTS, sending all the documents in advance and dolav IELTS, after it will be delivered.
Examine entry requirements on pages programmes of universities in the UK and finalise details of the University staff by sending questions to the universities directly from the pages you are interested programs.
CRITERION 6 : ethnic composition of students
There is a British universities programme-which you will study representatives of 50 countries or more. At the same time there are programs, which are dominated by one or a few nationalities.
If the national composition of students is an important measurement for you, ask for statistics on the ethnic composition of students you are interested in the program representatives of the University.
Need help? Entrust us with the selection of your British University and program order a customized selection of University and program.
Watch the video of our founder Jana Drapkina-Uehara on the choice of the University abroad.