List of documents for admission to graduate school at the University of British
Each University sets its own entrance requirements and determines the application process. Therefore, after the applicant decided on the University and program, it is necessary to carefully consider the information presented on the University's website, and, if necessary, contact the Admissions office or the school's administration for clarification. You can send a direct request to University in the UK from the pages of the list of universities in the UK.
The documents most often required by the admission regulations of the British master's programs:
- Copy of higher education diploma, including list of courses taken, their volume in credits and of grades, translated into English professional translation Agency or certified by a notary; British universities called the document "transcript".
- The application for admission (Application form), including Your personal data, data about education, knowledge of foreign languages, the selection of training programs, information on planned sources of funding;
- A certificate confirming the level of English proficiency; the most common certificates are IELTS and TOEFL.
- Motivation letter (Motivation letter or Personal statement) explaining the admissions Committee the reasons for choosing this program and proving that You successfully will cope with the coursework in this program for master programmes or research project (Research proposal), showing the main directions of scientific research, which You would like to undertake for research programs. On writing motivational letters
- Recommendation lettersthat contains information about Your academic, social and/or professional success, as well as evaluating Your ability to study at their chosen program; most graduate programs British universities require two letters of recommendation.
>> Assistance in drawing up recommendations and motivation letters
- Summary (CV), if You have experience from 3 months and above.
- Payment of the consideration of the application; the fee is usually no more than £100 and most UK universities do not charge a fee for consideration of the application of the applicant.
- A copy of the passport.
Additional documents required for admission to some programs may include:
- One or more written assignments (essays);
- Work in the professional field (portfolio / CD / audio-visual data);
- Certificates of completion of required tests (e.g., GRA, GMAT).
All documents in the application for admission sent to the admissions office electronically. The selection Committee may request to submit the original documents in the review process of Your application or after.
>> Search for graduate programs in universities in the UK
>> Assistance in applying