successful admissions


of students enter the university of their choice


students consult Education Index when applying for universites

  • 2925

Internships for graduates of universities in the United States

Internships during and after training is not only a source of income, but also the opportunity to gain work experience in the specialty, which will definitely come in handy for a work visa. You should note that all of the internships have to coincide with the acquired profession.

Students with visa type F-1 can start to practice after the first year of study. This practice is called CPT (Curricular Practical Training) and the resolution on its passage, it is possible to obtain, with the support of the University and the supervisor.

Graduates with visas F-1 have the opportunity to stay in the U.S. for another year for the internship program OPT (Optional Practical Trainining). To obtain this permission do not have to have a contract of employment, but the total time of finding a suitable position, that is, "unemployed" days on this resolution must not exceed 90. OPT is usually granted for 12 months with possibility of extension up to 17 months in some cases. The application for obtaining the status must be filed no later than 90 days after graduation.

For holders of J-1 visa has a programme of academic practice, which can begin even during training at University. The duration is determined based on the goals and objectives of the internship, but may not exceed the duration of the training program or 18 months. For graduate students, however, it is possible to extend internships up to three years. At the time of application You must have an invitation from the employer.