MBA degree in Finance
The constantly increasing demand for capital worldwide and the rapid development of information technology give rise to a sustained demand for professionals in Finance. And the need is not so much academic expertise as the people who have knowledge of the connections of theory and practice - this explains the phenomenal popularity of MBA programs in this area. Today, there are about 200 international recognized programs in the financial direction, which are included in top rankings. Most business schools are located in the USA and the UK, but a rating MVA exist in India and Singapore.
MBA in Finance - what is it?
Typically, this wide profile exists in the programmes of the following areas:
- Accounting/auditing (accounting) - strictly speaking, in the English language is not the usual negative connotations associated with this profession. In the large foreign companies “accounter” responsible for a range of serious issues, from financial planning, to participation in the development of a long-term strategy of the company. Moreover, “accounturl” MVA open the opportunity to move to the top of the corporate hierarchy. Traditionally, the position of financial Director/first Vice President - this is the work of the chief “accountant”.
- Banking (banking) is more understandable and familiar direction. Development Finance helps to ensure that banks are forced to change their conservative behaviors, and employees - to change the grey suits on t-shirts. Therefore, MBA programs tend to instill a taste for new trends in the industry: how to work with startups how to compete with it companies to conduct mergers and acquisitions, how to upgrade and automate internal infrastructure of the Bank. Graduates of MBA programs are considered not primarily as tellers in the “front”, and as candidates for management positions.
- Financial planning (financial planning) is the most “technical” MBA program financial direction. On the one hand, business schools offering training in this area a bit, with other specialists in this field point popular in many international companies. The essence of specialization is revealed through the taught courses, they usually consist of: financial management, financial modeling and financial analysis. Generally, programs last 12 months, but there are exceptions.
- Corporate Finance (corporate finance) - without exaggeration, the most sought after and prestigious area of Finance, many MBA programs focused in this area. The essence of training in business school is to produce future chapters of international companies. Therefore, MBA in corporate Finance varies considerably, as the demand for them is extremely high: there is evening, there is an annual, international, “performing”, and so on - it is possible to find the MBA to suit every taste. However, you should also know that the list of disciplines is very wide, from negotiation techniques to econometrics.
Be sure to pay attention to the fact that the theoretical part of the MBA will be heavily connected to mathematics and financial mathematics. In large volume, as a rule, also present courses on investment, global economy, technique and practice of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), risk and insurance.
Depending on the program, the course also includes the following items:
- Portfolio management
- Corporate Finance management
- Management of hedge funds
- Management of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Analysis of the economic situation
International-oriented programmes include, among other things, literally international study: many campuses of business schools have branches in several countries at once, so the learning process will occur from module to module in a geographically remote from each other points.
Who become graduates of business schools?
Besides the obvious advantages of an MBA lies in the practical orientation of the programs should also add that this is an excellent opportunity to find a future employer, as many courses are taught by practitioners, aimed at finding new employees. Typically, MBA graduates become certified specialists in the following areas:
- The auditor/independent auditor
- Financial Advisor
- Managing financial assets
- International Finance
- Financial Economics
- Corporate Finance
These professions are most in demand today in the field of Finance.