How to become a barrister, having a law degree, NOT a British University?
This material uses the names of courses offered by BPP University College. Courses of other educational institutions may vary in name but the General scheme of the process of obtaining the qualification will remain the same.
To become a barrister, having a law degree not recognized in the UK, you need to pass following stages:
- Certificate of academic achievement (Certificate of Academic Standing);
- Diploma of additional education (Graduate Diploma in Law) – 1 year;
- Test the judicial Committee of the standards of aptitude (Bar Standards Board Aptitude test);
- The course of professional legal training (Bar Professional Training Course) – 1 year;
- The rate of apprenticeship (Pupillage ) – 1 year.
>> Programs of law universities in the UK