How to become a solicitor, having a law degree, NOT a British University?
This material uses the names of courses offered by BPP University College. Courses of other educational institutions may differ from the examples by name, but the General scheme of the process of obtaining the qualification will remain the same.
To become a solicitor in the UK, having a law degree not recognized in the UK, you need to pass following stages:
- Certificate of academic achievement (Certificate of Academic Standing);
- Diploma of additional education (Graduate Diploma in Law) – 1 year;
- The legal practice course (Legal Practice Course ) – 1 year;
- A contract for the traineeship (Training Contract);
- The course professional skills (Professional Skills Course).
>> Programs of law universities in the UK