successful admissions


of students enter the university of their choice


students consult Education Index when applying for universites

  • 351

17.02.10. Overseas students must have 'GCSE-level' English to study in UK

The Home Office has confirmed there will be tougher restrictions on non-EU students who want to study in the UK.  The Home Secretary announced that all applicants must have English skills at the level of a GCSE in a foreign language, and that students must be taking a course of more than 6 months if they wish to bring their dependents.

Students taking standard 3-year degree-level courses will be able to bring their dependents and will still be able to work part-time, whereas those undertaking below-degree level courses will only be able to work a maximum of 10 (rather than 20) hours a week. Read a full version