Located in one of the world’s most multicultural cities with over 180 different nationalities, you’ll quickly feel at home studying at VU Amsterdam.
There’s no limit to what you can do and see in a city as rich in culture as Amsterdam. On your days off, catch an interesting art exhibition, have a friendly chat with locals at one of Amsterdam’s famous cafés, enjoy dinner at one of its many international restaurants, or simply wander around the beautiful canals and historic buildings Amsterdam is renowned for.
The VU university has a modern international campus with student housing just a five minute bike ride away. It is also well connected to public transport: 15 minute tram ride from the city centre and 8 minute train journey away from Schiphol Airport. The VU campus excellent facilities for research and teaching, with modern buildings and research infrastructure, and innovative facilities such as electronic examinations in the DigiTenT exam hall.
In addition, the campus offers an inspiring, welcoming and lively range of related services, making it a pleasant place to be by opening its doors to a broad cross-section of the public:
• Extensive library facilities of the VU University Library
• Sports facilities and sports programs in the Sports Centre’s multiple locations
• A varied cultural programme of theatre, film, music and dance at the Griffioen Cultural Centre
• A wide and tempting range of shops, cafés and restaurants
• A permanent exhibition space in the Main Building where the Exposorium presents current exhibitions
• An impressive selection of rooms and halls for conferences and other meetings
• Guests, visitors and others can make use of a variety of IT and communication facilities
• Studio VU and Reprographics provide professional graphic design, photography and printing
Located in one of the most dynamic and fast-growing business districts in Holland, the university collaborates with major companies to provide real-life challenges in its Bachelors programmes and is an exciting place to learn.