A first or second class UK honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, physics or an engineering discipline.
Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Master's course, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment.
Approved English tests for Aerospace Dynamics MSc
Please note that:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall and 5.5 in all skill components.
- TOEFL iBT - 92 total and minimum skill component scores of 18 reading, 17 listening, 20 speaking and 17 writing.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall and 59 in all skill components.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180 overall and 160 in all skill components.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass.
We are accepting additional tests taken in 2021
We understand that due to limited test availability, many of you are experiencing difficulties taking one of the above tests. We are now also able to accept the English tests listed below, some of which are available online.
- IELTS Indicator - 6.5 overall and 5.5 in all skill components.
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition - 92 total and minimum skill component scores of 18 reading, 17 listening, 20 speaking and 17 writing.
- Linguaskill General - Cambridge English Scale score of 180 overall and 160 in all skill components.
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - High Pass overall and 33 in all skill components.
Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement above can apply for one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses.