The Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc is designed to prepare you for a successful mechanical engineering career leading large, complex projects. You will learn state-of-the-art mechanical engineering methods, apply them to real world problems via industrially focused modules and research projects, whilst gaining the essential management skills to bring your ideas to life. Ranked in the UK top 5 for mechanical engineering, Cranfield offers a unique, postgraduate-only environment, with near-industrial scale engineering facilities and a teaching team with extensive experience of solving real world issues within industry.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for engineering, physics or mathematics graduates who wish to develop a successful mechanical engineering career in industry, government or research. It will equip you with the advanced engineering and management skills demanded by leading global employers, including project management, design, computer-aided engineering, operation and optimisation of machinery, structural mechanics and integrity, and technology leadership.
The Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and expertise required to develop a successful mechanical engineering career in the sector of your choice, including energy and power, aerospace, automotive and manufacturing. Our focus is on ensuring that you can make an impact from day one in your career. We do this by teaching you the state-of-the-art skills in mechanical engineering, enabling you to apply what you learn through industrially relevant group and individual research projects and equipping you with technology leadership skills.
Graduates of this course have gone on to work in a range of roles, including:
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Siemens,
- Production Line Supervisor & Lean Implementer at GKN Land Systems,
- Staff Engineer at BPP Technical Services Ltd working on offshore oil and gas engineering,
- Engineer at Det Norske Veritas,
- Management Associate at BMW Group UK Limited,
- Project Engineer at BASF Coatings S.A.
Why this course?
By combining advanced mechanical engineering topics, with a thorough underpinning in the management skills required to lead large, complex projects, this course will prepare you for a successful career.
- Study at a top 5 ranked UK university for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering,
- Develop your technology leadership capabilities with the world renowned Cranfield School of Management,
- Participate in individual and group projects focused on your personal interests and career aspirations,
- Learn from lecturers with extensive, current experience of working with industry on solving real world mechanical engineering challenges,
- Benefit from near-industrial scale facilities for project work in energy and power, aerospace, automotive, transport and manufacturing.